Cancer Recovery and Prevention

Cancer.....that word strikes fear, anger, anxiety, and a list of other emotions in the hearts of almost everyone, myself included.  I would venture to say that there is not a person alive that has not been affected in some way by cancer.  One of my goals and passions for my business, "Abundance", is to help us all overcome some of those emotions by looking at it differently.

A year and a half ago my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer.  It was very small and not considered aggressive but it didn't change the feelings that were nearly overwhelming at the time.  Doctors in Baton Rouge and at MD Anderson recommended surgery or radiation.  Well to make a long story short he, and I repeat he, this was a decision that no one could make for him, decided to do neither.  Does that mean I think everyone should choose that route.  NO, NO, NO!!!!  There is not a person on earth that knows exactly what they would do when faced with making a decision about cancer treatment.  I do think, very strongly as a matter of fact, that the patient should make the decision and it is always a decision.  Please do not be intimidated by doctors and let them convince you that they know what's best for you.  The key to that is to educate yourself before you face such news.  We had been involved with a naturopath for a few years before his diagnosis, if we had not been then what the doctor's had recommended would have been what was done, as quickly as possible.

With all of that said I want to talk about, not treatment, but recovery and prevention.  One thing my hubby and I talked about during his decision making process was this....if a person develops cancer,  and chooses surgery, radiation, chemo, or any other treatment that is focused on the symptom called cancer, and after that treatment there is no lifestyle change, more than likely eventually cancer will return often with a vengeance.  I'm sure many of you know someone that survived cancer then 5 or 10 years later there was cancer somewhere else and there is a very good chance it took a person you love's life.  So bottom line....he knew lifestyle changes were inevitable if he wanted to live to be an old man, why not make the changes before doing conventional treatment, then if there was tumor growth consider surgery.

So what does this mean to you?  For one thing keep in mind we all have cancer cells in our body at some point in time, the issue is whether your body is doing what it was designed to do, fight it off.  If you know someone that is a survivor please, please, please encourage change.  I have decided that I will not charge consulting fees to cancer survivors so make an appointment and let me help.  If you are interested in prevention, congratulations on taking responsibility for your health.  I have a 7 point plan that I am convinced will help you with that endeavor.  I will blog the specifics next week and if you want it sooner send me an email and I will email it to you.  If you would like to sit down and do a consultation based on your personal diet, lifestyle, and needs I would love to see you.

Product focus this week is Ultimate Greenzone.  This product comes in a powder or capsule.  I use it every day in my smoothie or it can be mixed with juice or water.  I happen to like the taste but I realize my taste buds are conditioned to pretty weird stuff.  This is major nutrition, full of spirulina, chai seeds, and so many other super foods.  It would be a wonderful start to a preventative lifestyle.  I am attaching an info sheet on it.  Give me a call if you have any questions.  Oh and I have samples of it if you would like one let me know.

http://www.naturessunshine.com/content/us/sku/factsheet/1103.pdf

Blessings!
Nicole
225-202-1882

Comments

Popular Posts