Salmon Cakes

A couple of nights ago I cooked salmon which tasted okay but in my opinion was a little overcooked.  Well today I decided to cook lunch and really didn't feel like going to the store so the leftover dry salmon was the star ingredient.  I apologize that I do not have pictures of the process, my camera battery was dead and hubby was staring hungrily at me, not like in a romance novel.

Salmon Cakes
10 oz. cooked salmon
1 small onion diced
1/2 red bell pepper diced
2 T. olive oil
1 egg
2 T. mayo
1 T. parsley
1/2 t. salt
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs + more for breading
Break up the salmon in a mixing bowl.  Saute onion and bell pepper in olive oil until tender, add to salmon.  Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.  Form patties, I made four from this quantity.  Place in more panko crumbs and coat.  Heat skillet and cover bottom with olive oil.  When oil is hot add cakes.  Allow to cook on each side 2-3 minutes or until browned.

Lemon Parsley Sauce
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. olive oil
1 T. mayo
1 t. parsley
salt to taste
Mix well and drizzle over salmon cakes.



I served my salmon cakes over fresh baby spinach tossed with a little olive oil and lemon juice.  Lunch divine!  The hubby was pretty impressed too.

Comments

Popular Posts