Coffee Scrub



A few months ago my man and I went to New York City to see a Holistic Urologist, he is fighting prostate cancer naturally.  I am happy to help especially when it means a trip to the Big Apple.  We were wondering around one day and discovered a fabulous little shopping venue in an old church.  I stumbled upon the coolest booth that sold all natural skincare.  However, being the do it yourselfer I like to think I am I simply could not spend $30 on a coffee scrub knowing I could come up with my own recipe.  




After a little trial and error I came up with a recipe that I think is pretty cool.  My big error was using decaf, I know that wasn't too bright but I had some in the pantry that I needed to get rid of.  The key benefit to the coffee IS the caffiene, DUH!  


Coffee Body Scrub
1 lb. coffee (this is one instance I use the cheap stuff)
2 cups turbinado sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
30 drops orange essential oil
8 drops clove essential oil
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  You will have to get your hands in there and really work it.  Place in jars and keep near your shower.  Massage into damp skin, rinse, lather with a good smelling soap or you may smell like coffee all day.  This recipe made enough for 2 quarts. 




Before and after shots, one week of use.




HAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Not really.  I just started this, I'll let you know if it works but I can assure you I will NOT post before or after pictures.  I'm sure laying off the ice cream sandwiches would help with this endeavor too.  


I did find lots of info backing my choices of ingredients.


Coffeehttp://ezinearticles.com/?Coffee-is-Good-For-Your-Skin&id=1484411
  • Your skin be free of different radicals that can cause acne, eczema and other skin diseases
  • Improve the flow of micro-cellulars in your skin
  • Break up fatty deposits which cause those ugly cellulites
  • Clear up your skin of acne and other blemishes
  • Act as sunblock and prevent sunburn and wrinkles
  • Absorb and neutralize strong odors such as fish and other smells
Turbinado Sugar - This is basically just for the exfoliation, I prefer sugar over salt because if I just shaved salt burns.

Coconut oilwww.organicfacts.net
Skin Care: Coconut oil is excellent massage oil for the skin as well. It acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin. The benefit of coconut oil on the skin is comparable to that of mineral oil. Further, unlike mineral oil, there is no chance of having any adverse side effects on the skin with the application of coconut oil. Coconut oil therefore is a safe solution for preventing dryness and flaking of skin. It also delays wrinkles, and sagging of skin which normally become prominent with age. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis,eczema and other skin infections. Therefore coconut oil forms the basic ingredient of various body care products such as soaps, lotions, creams, etc., used for skin care.

Orange oilhttp://hubpages.com/hub/history-and-origin-of-oranges-orange-oil-benefits
Orange oil for circulatory system: Its helps in treatment of edema and cellulite with help of orange oil massage. 

Clove oilhttp://www.ehow.com/how_5862143_use-clove-oil-health-benefits.html
Clove oil can be used naturally to heal the skin and treats cuts.
*Note from me- love the idea of this because it will help w/ razor burn or if you cut yourself shaving.


Comments

Popular Posts