Happy Anniversary to Me, oh and Him too

Part of me is amazed that my sweetie and I have been married 17 years, it seems like so much less, yet I can barely remember a life without him.  These years have been anything but uneventful.  Neither of us like a lot of drama even though my teenage years seemed to be filled with it.  However, drama has found us way too often.  We both were divorced when we got together, he had been married for 4 years and divorced for 8, I had been married 3 months and separated about 3 months.  We had definitely both proven just how great we weren't at the whole marriage thing.  Bottom line is we fell in love and I mean fell hard.  You know the kind of falling that makes you feel like you cannot breath until you see that person.  I think these days being "in love" is underrated.  It doesn't matter how much you have in common, chemistry is crucial.

Throughout the years we have had seasons that we really weren't "in love" we were simply maintaining a marriage because it was the right thing to do, because contrary to popular belief it IS the right thing.  I hear so often of women that are leaving their husbands because they aren't happy, well it's not your husband's job to make you happy.  We need to choose to be happy and then we are much more enjoyable to live with.


Anyway, God definitely blessed our "broken roads" because seventeen years later I am truly in love.  Funny how if you trust God and love out of obedience that love turns into "in love".  I am so very thankful for the man I married!

Comments

Popular Posts