Ph Balancing

Last week I spoke at the library on "Taking Responsibility for your Health".  I mentioned I would blog the details but the bottom line was summed up in all of my previous blogs.  I try to keep things pretty simple when giving health advice and will continue to do so.  My thought is this...if we are over thinking and stressing over taking care of ourselves then we are not taking care of ourselves.  Stress is HORRIBLE on our bodies.  Preaching to myself this morning.  Today I thought I would talk a little about pH balancing which is a really great way to be sure you are staying healthy.  Many of the things I will say come directly from a brochure titled "pH Balancing Simplified" which is published by Nature's Sunshine.

"Maintaining the proper balance in the body's pH can positively affect all major body systems, especially the digestive, intestinal, circulatory, respiratory and immune systems.  This balance protects the oxygen affinity of hemoglobin in the blood.  A pH-balanced environment maintains proper metabolic function and allows the body to function optimally."  In slightly simpler terms....if our pH is balanced general health is better.  Numerous illnesses are thought to be a result of an overly acidic pH, including arthritis, cancer, and gout just to name a few.

So now on to what you can do.  First get some pH test strips* and begin monitoring your pH on a daily basis.  When you have charted this for a few days you will know which direction to begin work.  Keep in mind you can also be too alkaline, the key is balancing.  The #1 most important thing you can do for balancing is find ways to deal with your stress.  I know stress will come but it's how we process it that matters, find a de-stressor that works for you.  Today mine is blogging, haha.  After that begin working on your diet.  If you are acid eat alkalizing foods, I have a chart that I can get to you if you need help with that.  If you are trying to maintain your already balanced pH you should eat 80% alkaline food and 20% acid.

If you have a serious issue one way or the other, meaning your pH is higher than 7.0 or lower than 6.5 then you may want to consider taking supplements to be more aggressive in getting you balanced.  Chlorophyll*, Ultimate Greenzone*, and Nature's Sea Calcium* are a few of the products that can help.

I have decided that for a limited time I will be doing first consults for free.  I know our economy is scary and many people do not have extra money to spend on luxuries.  Hopefully by doing this you will make an appointment and begin to see your health as more of a necessity.  Please don't wait until you get a serious diagnosis before you start taking your health seriously.  During that appointment we can talk about specific foods, exercises, and supplements that may be helpful to you.

Blessings,
Nicole

*These are Nature's Sunshine products.  You may be able to get the test strips at a drug store but I'm not positive.

Comments

Popular Posts