Key Lime Pie and Italian Style Deviled Eggs

Happy Monday!!!  Yesterday was Easter and an amazingly blessed day that capped off an equally perfect weekend.  I have discovered that since I started blogging about health my readers aren't nearly as interested.  Soooo I will spend a little more time blogging the things we all really love......FOOD.  My 3 men and I went to my parents for an Easter feast and my offerings were few but yummy, as was the rest of the food on our buffet.  I made Key Lime Pie and Italian Style Deviled Eggs.  Neither were of stellar health profile but what the heck it's a holiday.   Both were however, ridiculously simple.

Key Lime Pie
Graham Cracker Crust, I made one but you can buy it, really great in mini pie crust
Whipped Cream, please splurge on making homemade for this, makes such a difference
3 cups condensed milk, can't type this w/o a smirk, this stuff should be illegal but glad it's not!
3/4 cup key lime juice, honestly I just used bottled lime juice and can't tell the difference just find a good brand. Whole Foods carries a really good organic one, like that matters w/ all the condensed milk.
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon lime zest
Mix condensed milk, lime juice, sour cream, and zest.  Pour into pie crust and bake on 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes depending on the size, 5 for mini pies, 8 for whole.  Refrigerate until completely cooled.  Top with whipped cream and garnish w/ slices of key limes.


Italian Style Deviled Eggs
I did not measure a thing on this one so you will have to taste as you go.
Boiled Eggs, peeled and cut in half placing yolks in a separate bowl
Mayonnaise
Pesto
Prosciutto, finely shaved, you will need very little it is so stinking expensive but incomparable.
Olive Oil
Mix the yolks with mayo and pesto until you get a consistency and taste that you like.  Fill the egg whites with the mixture.  Heat a little olive oil in a small pan and add pieces of prosciutto.  It will crisp extremely quickly so be prepared.  Top eggs with fried prosciutto pieces.


After a day of eating goodies like this I recommend being ever so thankful for a healthy body and spending the next few days filling yourself with a little less indulgent food.

Comments

  1. oooooohhhh . . . so yummy looking.

    Wondering what the eggs would taste like with sausage

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts