Spinach and Artichoke Dip

I have been meaning to take pics of my Spinach Dip for quite a while so I could blog the recipe, however I still haven't.  Since a friend requested the recipe I thought I would just go ahead and write it and hopefully pics will come later.  This is a super easy but decadent and delicious recipe.  I hope you will try it.

Spinach and Artichoke dip
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup flour
1 can evaporated milk
1 lb. pepper jack cheese, shredded or cubed
1.5 lb. frozen chopped spinach
1 can artichoke hearts
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

Allow spinach to thaw.  Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and let cook 30 seconds.  Add milk and pepper jack, cook on low, stirring often, cook until all cheese is melted.  Chop artichoke hearts.  Add spinach, artichoke, and both salts.  Simmer until flavors meld, 20 minutes or so.  At this point you can serve as is or place in a baking dish top with parmesan or mozzarella and bake until cheese melts.

Comments

Popular Posts